Daniel J. Harmon, DO
Fellowship-Trained Orthopedic Surgeon Specializing in Adult Reconstruction of the Hip and Knee
“It’s extremely rewarding, seeing the joy and surprise when my patients discover how quickly they are able to move again without pain. Joint replacement can really be a life-changing experience.”
Dr. Daniel J. Harmon specializes in adult reconstruction of the hip and knee, including joint replacements to correct previous surgeries. He joined the Joint Replacement Institute provider team in 2020.
Dr. Harmon received his bachelor of science from John Carroll University in University Heights, Ohio, and his medical degree from Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) in Erie, Pennsylvania, graduating from each with honors. He completed his internship and residency training in orthopedic surgery at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation’s South Pointe Hospital in Cleveland, Ohio. He also served as an assistant clinical professor for Ohio University’s medical school during his residency training. Dr. Harmon completed fellowship training in adult reconstruction of the hip and knee at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
He is a caring and compassionate orthopedic surgeon who takes a comprehensive approach when designing a customized treatment plan that is right for each patient. Dr. Harmon believes in utilizing appropriate conservative treatment measures before opting for surgery.
When it comes to surgery, Dr. Harmon has extensive training and experience in muscle-sparing surgical techniques for hip and knee joint replacement surgeries. The minimally invasive approaches allow patients to return to normal functioning significantly quicker and experience less post-op pain than other methods.
Dr. Harmon is an experienced instructor of the direct anterior hip replacement procedure, teaching this technique to other surgeons both locally and nationally. He is an active contributor to developing research in this field.
Education & Training
- Medical School: Lake Erie College Of Osteopathic Medicine, Erie, Pennsylvania (2008)
- Residency: Orthopedic Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio (2013)
- Fellowship: Adult Reconstruction of the Hip and Knee, Alleghany General Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (2014)
- Hip and knee reconstruction
- Minimally invasive surgical approaches
- Revision joint replacement surgery
- Viscosupplementation and cortisone injections
Hospital & Surgery Center Affiliations
- Physicians Regional Medical Center- Pine Ridge
- Physicians Regional medical Center- Collier Blvd
- Naples Community Hospital - Downtown
- Naples Community Hospital- North Collier
- Landmark Hospital
- Seaside Surgery Center
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics (AOAO)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Florida Osteopathic Medical Association (FOMA)
- Lee County Medical Society (LCMS)
- International Congress for Joint Reconstruction (ICJR)
Leave a Review
How did we do? Please tell us about your experience with Dr. Daniel J. Harmon. Don’t let joint pain keep you from the activities you love. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Daniel J. Harmon at the Joint Replacement Institute in Naples, Florida, to find out what your treatment options are. Just call (239) 261-2663 or use our convenient appointment request form now.