Henry Kurtis Biggs, DO
Board-Certified, Fellowship-Trained Joint Replacement Surgeon
“I believe it’s critical to listen to patients and make sure you’re always doing the right thing, for the right reason, and on the right person.”
Dr. H. Kurtis Biggs’ interest in surgery was cultivated at an early age, being the son of a general surgeon. This exposure provided him a view into the world of orthopedics and joint replacement surgery that has continued to drive him to this day.
Dr. Biggs began his medical career performing joint replacements in private practice in Ohio, while also teaching at the orthopedic surgery residency program at Doctors Hospital of Stark County. His Ohio medical practice also served as a multicenter investigational studies site for developing new implants and procedures.
He relocated to Florida in 2006 and founded the Joint Replacement Institute in Naples, Florida two years later.
Dr. Biggs performs 600+ joint replacement surgeries per year. He is a national leader in the development and use of cutting-edge surgical techniques, customized implant design, and post-operative patient care. He hosts surgeons from around the country who come to learn about direct anterior hip replacement, outpatient total joint replacement, and patient-specific knee replacement surgeries.
Direct anterior hip replacements are a passion of his. Dr. Biggs has successfully performed more than 3,000 of these minimally invasive procedures that involve skillfully maneuvering around muscles and tendons for less post-op pain and scarring as well as a faster recovery.
Since moving to Florida, Dr. Biggs, his wife, and six children have enjoyed becoming active members of the community and look forward to living in Naples for many years to come. The Biggs family enjoys many outdoor activities ranging from golf to motocross.
Education & Training
- Medical School: Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Athens, Ohio (1996)
- Residency: Orthopedic Surgery, Doctors Hospital of Stark County, Massillon, Ohio (2001)
- Fellowship: Adult Reconstruction, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio (2002)
- Orthopedic Surgery – American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Direct anterior total hip replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Outpatient joint replacement
- Partial knee replacement
- Total knee replacement
Hospital & Surgery Center Affiliations
- Physicians Day Surgery Center
- Physicians Regional Medical Center (Pine Ridge Road)
- Physicians Regional Medical Center (Collier Boulevard)
- Seaside Surgery Center
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, Fellow (FAAHKS)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- Florida Osteopathic Medical Association (FOMA)
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics (AOAO)
- Collier County Medical Society (CCMS)
Video: Meet Dr. H. Kurtis Biggs
Meet Dr. H. Kurtis Biggs, founder of the Joint Replacement Institute in Naples, Florida. In this engaging video, he discusses his passion: hip and knee replacements.
Leave a Review
How did we do? Please tell us about your experience with Dr. H. Kurtis Biggs.
Don’t let joint pain keep you from the activities you love. Schedule an appointment with Dr. H. Kurtis Biggs at the Joint Replacement Institute in Naples, Florida, to find out what your treatment options are. Just call (239) 261-2663 or use our convenient appointment request form now.